Looking for a healthy alternative to ice-cream? Today’s post is a step by step guide to creating strawberry ice-cream, made of nothing more than strawberries and low-fat yoghurt. As we’re fast approaching our beloved British summer time, this recipe is perfect for those days in the sun to keep you feeling refreshed and cool. This recipe works well with many other types of fruit including; Raspberries, Banana and Pineapple, the choice is yours (haha). I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe and do let me know in the comments below if you found it useful!
Preparation Time |
Chill Time |
4 / 5 Hours
You Will Need:
- 1 Punnet – Frozen Strawberries
- 500g – low-Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp – Honey
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda (optional)
- Take your frozen strawberries and add them to the blender. If, like me, you would like to use some strawberries for decoration, I recommend keeping 2-3 strawberries aside and dicing them into small sections.
- After adding the strawberries, take your 500g of low-fat greek yoghurt and begin to add this into the blender, followed closely by the 1 tsp of honey to add sweetness then the 1 tsp of baking soda (optional).
- Begin to blend your strawberries and yoghurt until they form a thick yet smooth consistency.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and begin to add the remaining chopped strawberries and stir until mixed together.
- Place into a freezer for 4 – 5 hours before eating.
Thanks for reading, HW.