When it comes to baking i’m all for those quick and easy recipes… the following post is one of my favourite go-to treats that can be prepared in 10-15 minutes, with barely little mess. These Oreo Rice Krispie Squares are perfect for parties, afternoon tea or even an evening snack with a cuppa, the choice is yours! I hope that you find this quick and easy recipe useful and I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Thanks for Reading, HW.
Preparation Time |
|Chill Time |
5 – 10 Squares
You Will Need:
- 150g – Mini Marshmallows
- 100g – Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 Packet – Regular Oreos
- 50g – Butter / Margarine
- Cling Film / Grease Proof Paper
- Medium Rectangular Baking Tin
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Take your medium sized sauce pan and bring to the heat. Once done, take 50g Butter / Margarine and melt this within the pan.
- Whilst waiting for the butter to melt, take the medium rectangular baking tin and line with grease proof paper.
- After the butter has melted, take the 150g of Mini Marshmallows and add these into the pan, stirring continuously until they melt and form a thick, gooey texture.
- Make sure to take the pan off of the heat, then take the 100g of Rice Krispie cereal and add this too the melted marshmallows, stirring again until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Take multiple Oreos and crush them into small pieces (remember to leave some for decoration) then add the crushed Oreos into the mixture of marshmallow and cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the previously lined baking tin, add extra crushed Oreos to the top of the squares for decoration (Optional).
- Place into the refrigerator to chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove from the baking tin and chop into squares.